All students are to submit a Compendium of their semester’s work by midnight on Sunday 1 May:
- Link to the Student Work folder on Google docs here.
- Submit work in the appropriate section subfolder.
- Submit a single PDF containing quality documentation of all work: final drawings, final models, Montessori material documentation, and relevant process investigations.
- The PDF may be as many pages as needed, but be very careful that the file size does not exceed 20Mb.
- Please be careful to use the following file-naming convention:
Compendia will be referenced for grading and selection of work for Open House. So it should communicate your work in a clear, self-evident, and legible way.
Students are to be present and prepared with all work in Crown Hall no later than 1:00pm.
Students are highly encouraged to temporarily stage work in Crown prior to the 1:00pm deadline. Please be considerate and careful to avoid disruption of other review sessions in progress.
1 – Glynn
2 – Kläschen
3 – Schachman
5 – Klymson
6 – Nelson
This Friday, students are to remove everything except finished work, neatly curated and organized on the surface of the desk. This work includes Montessori Materials, relevant process objects and final models and drawings.
All trash, raw materials, tools and other personal items must go.
Once the studio is cleared and organized, faculty will (a) select work for inclusion in Open House and (b) nominate 10-12 finalists for the Dwight T. Black Memorial Scholarship (two awards, each $4570.00).
At 4:00 we will BBQ. You are encouraged to contribute delights for everyone’s enjoyment.
29 Apr – Clear Studio / Review work for Open House
30 Apr – Notify finalists for the Dwight T Black Scholarship
07 May – Deadline for finalists to install their work in Crown.
08 May – Exhibition opens to the pubic at 6:00pm
13 May – Invited Jury, Panel Discussion, Awards Ceremony, Celebration.
A NEW PORTRAIT: EnglewoodSelections from Color(ed) Theory and Takin’ Place
Exhibition | Paul V. Galvin Library, IIT | April 22nd-May 30th | Reception April 22nd, 5pm
Film Screening of Takin’ Place | MTCC Auditorium, IIT | April 22nd, 6:30pm | Q&A @8pm