04 / Workshop / Montessori / Models as Tools
Students to arrive with the following:
- An abundance of quality drawing surfaces, materials and implements. This exercise can also be a manual or digital montage or collage.
- An abundance of modeling materials, cutting boards, knives, glues.
Workshop schedule – 120min Total
- Sections as tools for:
- exploring a design logic / design principles
- measurement and calibrating space to bodies
- considering environmental qualities
- luminosity – direct, washed, shadowy
- volume and individual/collective bodies
- horizontal, vertical, sloped
- hot, cool, comfortable
- ordered, undetermined
- edges, transition, thresholds, steps
- considering program
- timings – one section connects full day from home to school to home
- activities – states
- measuring something
- quiet time
- nap time
- Intersection of (1) – XYY, XXY, XYDiagonal, etc..
- Interpolate between sections to generate the full field.