VERBAL PRESENTATION Tips for crafting an effective presentation. Expanded notes from Prof. Williams suggestions during Friday’s lecture.
- In one word, my project is about:
- In one sentence, my project is about:
- In one paragraph, my project is about:
- Use the paragraph for your verbal and visual alyout
- With any luck, your one “WORD” and what you’ve been making will match
- Edit the existing stuff you’ve made (models, drawings, sketches, etc) to match. be strategic.
- DON’T remake another variation of your massing model because you’re in love with!
- DON’T create a drawing that repeats information contained in the model and vice versa.
- DONT try to go do 8 hours of new research on the history of prairie grasses!
- DON’T sit and feet about what you don’t have, rally around what you do have
- Make it beautiful
- Design the conversation
- SAVE YOUR FILES OFTEN. PRINT DRAFTS OFTEN.
- Make several test plots AND pin them up on the wall in Crown to make sure content is legible.